materials marked with a lock icon require logging in
Activity / 90 min
- Learn vocabulary related to climate change
- Practise reading comprehension in English
- Realise how people affect nature and the landscape
Questions and Answers
- Information about Jean Charles Island and its inhabitants
- Consequences of climate change (floods, hurricanes)
- Climate change in the Czech Republic
UPDATED: How to reflect on emotions after the film screening
- Why is it important to reflect on emotions?
- Basic methods of reflection
- From reflection to discussion
Teaching with documentaties: Methodological handbook
Handbook containing a collection of comprehensive activities designed for teaching with documentaries, along with the OWIS theoretical framework for English lessons.
Accompanying and recommended materials
Isle de Jean Charles community
Website of a community living on the island seeking to inform about its history and resettlement program.
NASA satellite images
NASA satellite images showing the climate change on Earth (novinky.cz).
What the World Would Look Like if All the Ice Melted
National Geographic maps
Video documentary about the island
Ben Depp, photographer and paraglider, impressively documents the gradually disappearing Jean Charles Island.
"Vanishing Island" documentary
A short documentary (2014) about the inhabitants of Jean Charles Island and their endangered future.