materials marked with a lock icon require logging in
Be Walked Away
Activity / 90 mins / doporučený věk: 13+
- empathize with the situation of a young person in a non-free country and in exile
- learn about the situation of Czechoslovak migrants in the 1980s
- argue in favour of their values and opinions
Questions and Answers
- What was the Socialist Youth Union?
- How was culture controlled/restricted in Czechoslovakia?
- What did a person have to do if they wanted to legally travel abroad?
- How did the Velvet Revolution take place?
- What was the Civic Forum?
UPDATED: How to reflect on emotions after the film screening
- Why is it important to reflect on emotions?
- Basic methods of reflection
- From reflection to discussion
Accompanying and recommended materials
Velvet Revolution in Photographs
Velvet Revolution 1989 through the eyes of Czech photographers
The Life of Vaclav Havel
Correspondent Chris Bowlby looks back at the life of Vaclav Havel, the Czech playwright and politican who led his country's revolution against communism.
Vaclav Havel's New Year's Address
New Year's Address to the Nation 1990
Communist have left the Czech Parliament
Communists have now left the Czech parliament, more than three decades after the Velvet Revolution.