materials marked with a lock icon require logging in
Living with anorexia
Activity / B1+ / 90 mins
- reflect on the positive aspects of their lives and discuss challenging situations
- open and discuss the topic of anorexia and its impact on individuals
- foster empathy towards individuals dealing with challenges like anorexia
Questions and answers (for students)
- most common eating disorders
- myths surrounding eating disorders
- how to get help for someone with an eating disorder
UPDATED: How to reflect on emotions after the film screening
- Why is it important to reflect on emotions?
- Basic methods of reflection
- From reflection to discussion
Teaching with documentaries: Methodological handbook
Handbook containing a collection of comprehensive activities designed for teaching with documentaries, along with the OWIS theoretical framework for English lessons.
Accompanying and recommended materials
Beat eating disorders
Learn more about eating disorders from UK’s eating disorder charity
Articles related to body image by healthforteens.co.uk
A centre helping people with eating disorders and beyond.
An organisation promoting the idea of talking about mental health
Podcast series on the social pressure on women's appearance
The lesson was created with the support of:anglictina