materials marked with a lock icon require logging in
The Impact of Tourism (A2/B1)
Activity / A2/B1 / 60 min
- practice spelling and grammar by correcting mistakes in sentences
- practice using should/shouldn’t in sentences.
- develop the sense of understanding motivations for different people’s actions and the consequences of these actions
- reflect on the positive and negative outcomes of a cultural encounter
The Impact of Tourism (B1+)
Activity / B1+ / 90 min
- expand their vocabulary related to the topic of indigenous tourism
- practice expressing their opinions and their overall communication skills
- understand the expressions “indigenous tourism” and “indigenous community”
- understand the importance of introducing various measures to maintain ethical indigenous tourism
Questions and Answers
- indigenous peoples
- impact of tourism on members of traditional cultures
- the Mursi people and their culture
- cultural relativism
UPDATED: How to reflect on emotions after the film screening
- Why is it important to reflect on emotions?
- Basic methods of reflection
- From reflection to discussion
Teaching with documentaties: Methodological handbook
Handbook containing a collection of comprehensive activities designed for teaching with documentaries, along with the OWIS theoretical framework for English lessons.