materials marked with a lock icon require logging in
Who in this room?
Activity / A2-C1 /45 mins
- promote empathy and appreciation for diverse backgrounds
- recognize and challenge our own stereotypes about those around us
- experience an environment where they feel comfortable sharing their personal experiences
Breaking down stereotypes
Activity / B1 / 45 mins
- understand what stereotypes are and how they can be harmful
- think critically about the stereotypes they encounter in their lives
- give ideas about how to challenge stereotypes
Questions and answers
- stereotypes and prejudices
- mistakes we make when forming judgments about others
- factors that shape our perception of others
- challenging situations in the classroom
UPDATED: How to reflect on emotions after the film screening
- Why is it important to reflect on emotions?
- Basic methods of reflection
- From reflection to discussion
Teaching with documentaries: Methodological handbook
Handbook containing a collection of comprehensive activities designed for teaching with documentaries, along with the OWIS theoretical framework for English lessons.
Accompanying and recommended materials
Teaching about stereotypes
More tips on how to open the topic of stereotypes in your class
Do you know the power of unconscious bias?
Test about uncoscious bias by harvard.edu
Stovky videí, e-kurzy a materiály jsou k dispozici učitelům po celém světe v rámci programu LeaderInMe.com
All that we share
Similar advert focusing on stereotypes made by TV2 Denmark