Just Eat It (English)
- Just Eat It: A Food Waste Story
- Grant Baldwin
- 33 min.
- Be better aware of the food waste issue.
- Find solutions on how to decrease food loss in households.
- Think about the thriftiness and consequences of everyday habits.
Jenny and Grant are filmmakers who do not fancy the Western attitude towards food. Thus, they come up with a project in which they point out the seriousness of food waste. For a period of six months, they emerge themselves in dumpsters and survive only on food that would be otherwise tossed. According to a worldwide estimation, up to one-third of the whole food production is thrown away. In this documentary, several topics, ranging from the following of absurd policies and appealing to “cosmetics standards” of potentially sold food items, to energy loss and greenhouse gases released from dumps, are commented on by specialists. Surprisingly, it would take very little to make an essential systematic change. We should just look into our fridges before we go shopping and think twice about what we can consume.
materials marked with a lock icon require logging in
Thinking about the consequences of our actions
Activity / B2+ / 90 min
- Learn vocabulary connected with food waste issues
- Learn how they can reduce food loss in their households themselves
- Think about thriftiness and consequences of their own everyday habits
Questions and Answers
- ecological footprint
- Sustainable behaviour
- food waste
Jak pracovat s audiovizuálními materiály
- instruktážní film
- rady a doporučení
- obecné aktivity
Jak na reflexi emocí po filmové projekci
- proč je důležité pracovat s emocemi, které film v žácích vyvolal
- základní metody reflexe: Jedno slovo, I.N.S.E.R.T., Pětilístek