materials marked with a lock icon require logging in
Activity / / B2+ / 90 min
- Critically think about what influences the news to become news
- Get acquainted with some of the news values
- Work with a written text (news) and analyse it
- Learn about Australia and Australian English
Questions and Answers
- News coverage
- Principles of journalism
- Media and objectivity
- Alternative media
UPDATED: How to reflect on emotions after the film screening
- Why is it important to reflect on emotions?
- Basic methods of reflection
- From reflection to discussion
Teaching with documentaries: Methodological handbook
Handbook containing a collection of comprehensive activities designed for teaching with documentaries, along with the OWIS theoretical framework for English lessons.
Accompanying and recommended materials
5 key questions of media literacy - How to ask?
Analyze a media message using the 5 key questions.
Types of internet users
Read about different types of users of the internet.
Short video by CIVIX representing journalism standars.
Czech media rating
An independent evaluation of the credibility of the Czech media (in Czech).