- Hip Hop-eration
- Bryn Evans
- Nový Zéland
- 57 min.
- Realize the possibility for mutual enrichment of generations.
- Think about the life conditions of senior citizens in our country.
- Think about a positive attitude towards life at any age.
Can a dance troupe of senior citizens with an average age of nearly 90 take part in a hip hop competition? The film documents their journey through time until their performance at Hip Hop International championship in Las Vegas. They are full of elan and optimism and, thanks to this attitude, they overcome several obstacles and prove that age is just a number. Led by their exuberant manager Billie Jordan, they learn to throw away their wheelchairs and walking sticks and push their bodies and artificial joints to the limits of old age. “You’re all going …even if it’s in an urn,” Billie tells them.
materials marked with a lock icon require logging in
Age is just a number
Activity / 90 min
- Practise writing a short text
- Brainstorm and discuss their ideas
- Think about stereotypes we have about old people and realize they can be wrong
Hip Hop-eration for ESL Teaching
Activity / 90 min
- Listen for specific and general information
- Gain knowledge about an English-speaking country and focus on the specifics of pronunciation
- Form opinions while reflecting the film and learn to accept opinions of others
Questions and Answers
- aging and society
- opportunities of senior citizens in the Czech Republic
- old age definition
Jak na reflexi emocí po filmové projekci
- proč je důležité pracovat s emocemi, které film v žácích vyvolal
- základní metody reflexe: Jedno slovo, I.N.S.E.R.T., Pětilístek
Jak pracovat s audiovizuálními materiály
- instruktážní film
- rady a doporučení
- obecné aktivity